Download full MSDS sheet PDF: APP Silicone Sealant MSDS Sheet
Handling and Storage
Precautions to be taken in handling and storage
- Product releases acetic acid during application and curing. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Remove contact lenses before using sealant. Do not handle lenses until all sealant has been cleaned from the finger and hands. May generate formaldehyde at temperatures greater than 150 C(300 F). See Section 8 of the MSDS for Personal Protective Equipment.
- Keep out of the reach of children. Keep container tightly closed.
Exposure Controls/Personal Protection
- Eye wash facilities and emergency shower must be available when handling this product.
- If exposure limits are exceeded or respiratory irritation is experienced, NIOSH/MSHA approved respiratory protection should be worn. Supplied air respirators may be required for non-routine or emergency situations. Respiratory protection must be provided in accordance with OSHA regulations (see 29CFR 1910.134).
- Chemical resistant gloves
Eye and face protection
- Safety glasses with side shields
Other protective equipment
- Wear suitable protective clothing and eye/face protection.