Download full instruction sheet PDF: APP CryoTek Pipe Shoe Installation
1. Emery Cloth: Clean pipe to remove all loose scale, paint, and debris. Abrade new painted surface with emery cloth or equivalent to remove sheen.
2. Solvent: Solvent wipe area with CRC QDTM Electronic Contact Cleaner, or equivalent, to remove any contamination and ensure the area is dry.
CryoTek Pipe Shoe Cradle Preparation
3. Solvent: Solvent wipe the inside cradle of the CryoTek Pipe Shoe.
4. Perimeter: Apply a continuous bead of APP Epoxy to the perimeter of the CryoTek Pipe Shoe cradle.
5. Interior: Apply a random shaped bead of APP Epoxy to the interior area of the CryoTek Pipe Shoe cradle.
6. Pull out the necessary length of banding (BI-C206) and cut it with the built-in cutter on the BAND-IT Tool (BI-C001).
7. With the ears of the banding clip (BI-C256) pointed up, pull the banding through the banding clip.
8. Bend the banding so at least 2 inches are bent under the clip and squeeze the banding and clip to prevent the banding from pulling out during tensioning.
9. Insert the banding through the banding slots and wrap it around the pipe and through the clip bracket.
10. Insert the banding in the open slot of the BAND-IT Tool and turn the handle of the tool until the band is fully tightened.
11. Roll the nose of the tool over the buckle to set the lock and then pull the cutting handle to cut the band.
12. Remove the tool and hammer down the ears of the clip.
13. Repeat steps 6-12 for the other banding slots.