Download full instruction sheet PDF: APP ProTek Composite Pipe Shoe Installation
1. Run a continuous silicone bead around the perimeter of the ProTek Pipe Shoe and
along the internal support beams
Banding the ProTek Pipe Shoe to the pipe
2. Pull out the necessary length of banding (BI-C206) and cut it with the built-in cutter on the BAND-IT Tool (BI-C001).
3. With the ears of the banding clip (BI-C256) pointed up, pull the banding through the banding clip.
4. Bend the banding so at least 2 inches are bent under the clip and squeeze the
banding and clip to prevent the banding from pulling out during tensioning.
5. Insert the banding through the banding slots and wrap it around the pipe and
through the clip bracket.
6. Insert the banding in the open slot of the BAND-IT Tool and turn the handle of the tool until the band is fully tightened.
7. Roll the nose of the tool over the buckle to set the lock and then pull the cutting handle to cut the band.
8. Remove the tool and hammer down the ears of the clip.
9. Repeat steps 2-8 for the second banding slot.
10. Run a final silicone bead around the upper edge of the pipe shoe.