Download full instruction sheet PDF: APP ProTek Composite Wear Pad Installation
1. Emery Cloth: Clean pipe to remove all loose scale, paint, and debris. Abrade new painted surface with emery cloth (or equivalent) to remove sheen.
2. Solvent: Solvent wipe area with CRC QDTM Electronic Contact Cleaner (or equivalent) to remove any contamination and ensure the area is dry.
ProTek Wear Pad Preparation
3. Peel Ply: Peel off and remove the plastic protective surface from the inner surface of the wear pad.
4. Solvent: Solvent wipe inside area of the wear pad
5. Perimeter: Apply a continuous bead of epoxy to the perimeter of the wear pad
6. Interior: Apply a random‐shaped bead of epoxy to the interior
Installing ProTek Wear Pad on Pipe
7. Combine: Firmly press the ProTek Wear Pad into place and slightly rotate to evenly spread the epoxy